What are some of your favorite pastimes? David Schick enjoys reading, writing, and cooking. With Passover coming up, David Schick wants to share his absolute favorite recipes with you!
Why not start with David Schick’s favorite, Matzo Ball Soup? Here’s a recipe that he loves!
-2 (10 ounce) packages matzo crackers
-1/2 cup butter
-3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
-2 onions, minced
-5 ounces matzo meal
-96 ounces chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste
This soup takes about 55 minutes in total, about 30 minutes of prepping and 25 minutes of cooking! Be sure to follow the directions carefully and enjoy!
- Bring a big pot of salted water to a boil.
- Crush the matzo crackers into tiny pieces, and add to a decent size bowl. Cover in water and let soak for a few minutes, until soft. Drain off excess water.
- Melt butter in a skillet and stir in drained matzos. Stir until mixture is dry and brown in color. Take off the heat and add eggs, salt and pepper (to taste), parsley (yum!), and onions.
- Add enough matzo meal to make mixture hold together, but no more than that. Roll one squash ball-size matzo ball. Put matzo ball in the bubbling water to test the mixture. The ball must rise to the top of the water and not break apart.
- In a saucepan, bring chicken broth to a low bubble over decent heat; add balls to broth. Serve soup as the balls rise to the top of the broth.
Enjoy! And remember to check out http://davidschick.info/ for more great recipes!